We're a technology company.
Our management team has a number of international companies related to telecommunications and software. We've always done things based around merit and logic and we're looking to build a culture that rewards initiative, hard work and ingenuity. We are looking for passion.
Cebu is our headquarters and you can expect to work with exposure to other countries - your ideas and execution will ensure your career is as rewarding as what you put in. You'll be rewarded fairly and we'll try to do what we can to make your job easier with decent tools and a purpose-built and designed office environment complete with professional kitchen providing free lunch and baristas providing beverages on demand.
Currently we are building a private data network based on fibre and fixed wireless technology. We measure our network in Gbps capacity, have some world class equipment and have technologies and a mission that is quite unique in the Philippines and particularly Cebu.
Job responsibilities may include, but aren't limited to:
- Network Operations Centre (NOC) related tasks like monitoring network and service stability, performance, customer tickets, escalations, etc, to ensure 24/7/365 operations
- Planning and completing network changes such as software upgrades, migrations, building new products, commissioning new devices and managing BGP routing to peers and transits
- Partner management such as liaising with our upstream and network partners to coordinate issues and problems through to completion
- Working on deployments and projects to provide end to end data services (e.g. provisioning and de-provisioning)
- Setting up and maintaining networking related services and servers (e.g. Authentication, bandwidth management, proxies, caching)
- Work through and manage problem/issue tickets and ongoing projects
- Maintain and manage various onsite networking and computer equipment and systems (e.g. monitoring, physical servers, rack equipment, etc)
- This role is on-call and may be required to work some non-standard shifts.
- Operational experience with BGP and OSPF
- Advanced IP routing and switching skills
- Advanced IP network troubleshooting skills
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and commonly-used network protocols (IPV4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP)
- Knowledge of network standards and practices
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to articulate network issues
- Strong general computer system skills (e.g. web interfaces, command line, linux/bash)
- Experience in dealing with end users
- Extensive experience with configuration of equipment from one or more of the following vendors: Cisco/Juniper/Mikrotik/Huawei/Arista
- Strong knowledge of network troubleshooting tools, and monitoring platforms
- Preferably a candidate should possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Vendor certifications a plus (JNCIA/JNCIS/CCNA/CCNP etc.)
- Ability to use a scripting language such as Perl/Python/Ruby/bash/awk/sed/etc.
- Experience with all, some or any of the following technologies: GPON, MPLS, STP/MST, L2VPN, L3VPN, RSVP, DHCP
This is a senior technical role within a small team of engineers with day to day duties ranging from complex customer faults through to new network build, migrations, mentoring and knowledge transfer to more junior staff, and on-call duties. Your experience should be commensurate with these duties.
Your first tasks will be:
- Learning our network and monitoring systems
- Managing our BGP paths on a daily basis
- Working with our associate engineers and architect to ensure smooth operation of our network
What we can give:
- A really nice work environment and work mates
- Food allowance at our professionally built kitchen
- On-site coffee shop (with allowance)
- Full HMO after 6 months. 1 dependant after 1 year, 80% of a 2nd dependant after another year
- A chance to improve the internet in the Philippines
We apologise, however, due to the volume of applications most likely we will not be able to respond to each applicant individually, however we do appreciate your time and will review each application that we receive.